Are there restrictions on the pickup of freight which has freezable material?
We will pick up freezable products (defined as any product which freezes at or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit) from points in our LTL operating area, Monday through Thursday with delivery on Tuesday through Friday of that same week. Offered October 1 through April 30.
Are there exclusions for shipments of freezable materials?
Because weather conditions can change rapidly, products or merchandise requiring protection from cold or freezing are not eligible to move as Instant Guaranteed (G!) shipments.
My freight has freezable materials. Will my freight be delayed due to severe cold temperatures?
When temperatures reach 10 degrees Fahrenheit or below for three or more consecutive days, shipments which are subject to temperature-related damage may be delayed.
As a customer, what can I do to ensure the integrity of my freezable shipment?
Customers shipping freezable commodities must indicate that the product requires protective service on the bill of lading.
- All such shipments must be clearly marked “Protect from Freezing at 32 Degrees F or below” on the bill of lading.
- In addition, these shipments must be clearly labeled “Freezable Product.”
- Your local XPO Logistics LTL service center will provide you with “Freezable Product” labels.
- Further information can be found in Item 12 of the CNWY 199 Tariff.
- View the Freeze Area Map for a current list of locations experiencing freezing temperatures.