How to file Claims and Refunds
At XPO, we strive to offer the best-in-class LTL service in the industry, delivering your freight damage-free and on time. Please accept our apology for the loss or damage of a shipment as this is a rare occurrence in our network. But rest assured, our dedicated claims team is standing by to process your claim.
Filing a Cargo Claim for loss or damage
Prepare to submit the following supporting documentation:
- Vendor invoice for the product or the repair of the product, supporting the amount of the claim (required)
- Inspection report
- Photos of the shipment and packaging at the time of delivery
- Any additional information which supports the claim
- Please write the PRO # on each supporting document for reference
- Once your claim has been filed, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt.
- Once your claim is in process, you will be able to track the status online.
View the step-by-step instructions video
Filing a claim for the On-Time Guarantee refund
If delivery is not completed within the published transit time, the debtor will (subject to terms and conditions) receive a zero invoice for all net linehaul charges, including fuel surcharges. This program covers all points served directly by our LTL operations in the continental U.S. and Canada.
- To file a claim, login to our website and complete the Service Guaranteed Refund form. If you are not registered for the website, please contact Customer Care for assistance.
- Claims must be filed no later than 7 calendar days after the actual date of delivery.
Please review tariff CNWY-199, item 24 for the complete terms and conditions of our Standard Delivery Service Guarantee.