What is a security administrator, and why do I need one?
A security administrator is an employee of your company who has been authorized to administrate access to certain secure sections of the XPO website. Employees of your company (or third parties as appropriate) who want to have visibility to additional locations or access to the accounts payable (A/P) application will be required to have the security administrator’s prior authorization. Unauthorized employees who attempt to access A/P information will see a page that directs them to the security administrator for access.
Why does XPO require a security administrator?
A security administrator helps maintain the security of your valuable business data.
How do I set up a security administrator at my company?
Contact LTLWebSupport@xpo.com and request for a Security Admin to be set up.
What can a security administrator do?
- A security administrator can add and delete locations from a user’s location profile. When the security administrator adds a location, the selected user will be able to use manifests, reports and other tools on the XPO site to access shipment information about the location.
- A security administrator can also enable and disable access to the A/P information for any location which is already in an employee’s location profile.
I don’t want to designate a security administrator. Can I still view A/P information?
No, viewing A/P information requires security administration.
How does the security administration tool work?
Enter the user name (e.g., jsmith) of the person whose location profile you wish to administer, then click Start. A list of locations you can administer displays under your name. Click the plus symbol to show all locations under the main corporate location. Click the minus symbol to show only the main corporate location. If you need to add or remove a location from your administration list, use this process:
- To add a location to the selected user’s location profile, click the location in your administration list and follow the instructions which appear. When you add a location, the selected user will be able to use RapidReports, manifests and other tools on the XPO site to access shipment information about the location. Users will not be able to view A/P information until you specifically enable it using the procedure described in step 3 below.
- To remove a location from a selected user, click the location in the user’s location profile list.
- To enable/disable access to A/P information for a particular location, click the location in the user’s location profile list. You can only enable/disable A/P access for locations which appear in a user’s location profile list.
Please note: If you add or remove a corporate location, all the service and billing locations associated with that location will also be added or removed.
As the security administrator, you can also give yourself access to A/P information using the same procedures: Enter your user name, select the applicable location, and then enable or disable access.